Monday, September 20, 2010

We got her back....


Well we are the official owners of a 1995 Suburban again....we couldn't be prouder....After 3 hours of running around it was a huge moment to see Eddie pull out of the impound with her. She is full of fast food bags and artwork from the kids and french fries stuffed in every orifice of her, but she is ours again and I am relieved! I actually laid my head on her when we reached her safe secret area.....

I know that people may think I am a little too attached to a vehicle, I mean it is not like she has a soul or anything. But in order to get her, we had to ride a bus for 3 months or walk. We saved and saved for her and paid cash and drove her off the lot.

When we had the fire it literally became our lifeline, one of the few things that we still have. In her... we found a home, drove to work, gone to pumpkin farms, school plays, gave our cat Diamond her last ride, therapy trips, blasted her stereo, gone to Drive-ins, seen family at the Holiday's, drove to funerals, Church, got ice cream, a 1000 trips to the grocery store, cried when we had to put gas in, and most importantly....it helped us become a family again after a lot of heartbreak in 2008.

After the fire I take nothing for granted, not even a vehicle....I am so thankful for every one's help with getting the green monster home and the offers for a hideout to keep her away from that lady down the road.

The tow yard put on the slip that there was nothing of value,and that she needed cleaned out. I have to admit that she needs cleaned out REALLY bad....but there is something of value in that old Suburban of ours, the tow yard just didn't see it. She is part of our life and part of our story, and I am glad to have her home (well the secret location).

No comments:

Post a Comment