Friday, September 10, 2010

It is feeling creepy out there....

I don't exactly know why I can't sleep, the alarm clock will be going off in 5 hours and then it is time to get the huge van packed and 7 cranky kids dressed and happy before we go to the Autism walk....It could be the meds I took, which made me shaky all day or it is probably because it is creepy outside tonight....

There has been no ambulance sirens tonight, which is really odd being a few blocks from the hospital....I have heard several car alarms go off, don't worry...not mine...I have never had an alarm on a car. No one would take it anyway, because eventually they have to put gas in it. The wind is doing this crazy thing with the bush outside the window...and even at midnight I hear the faint playing of the guitar from the music teacher down the road....

Or...going deeper here... but it could just be the uneasy feeling that I get when things are going right in my life. To be honest, things are not always easy for us, 2 sons with Autism...one severe. We are exhausted parent's who seem to always have a fight on our hands, whether it is schools or Dr.s, or bills, it's always something. But besides the whole almost getting towed thing and a minor conflict with Edwin's school, and a problem with Memorial....we have had a good week. Today, we got the news that the house that we prayed for...intensely, could possibly be ours as soon as October 1st! Now, my heart wants me to go for it...and jump on this opportunity. Tobey is not getting any better in this house, lead is no fun. But then tonight the brain took over, and then visions of changing the boys' schedule, putting up new alarms, contacting new neighbors about the boys' issues, switching utilities and schools....and it is overwhelming.

I know that is 20% reality, and probably just 80% being scared. I know that I want to do what is best for my kids, I am just going to have to bite the bullet, stop worrying about everything and as that Nike ad implies..."Just Do It!". Maybe it is my undiagnosed 'tism qualities.

I also know, that Eddie and I are a great team....And whatever we put our minds to 100% we can achieve the impossible. That we have been through tougher things and we will prevail!

****Side note****If this blog is making no sense I apologize, it is 12:15 in the morning, and I am probably doing this more as a pep talk for myself...I should probably start a diary.

So, anyway....I am going to take a step of faith and go for the house! And I am going to pray that the schools are just as awesome, we will have enough energy to make it through a move with 7 kids, the finances will be there, and I keep my sanity!

So, Friday was a great day....besides the house news, we have 2 legally plated and insured vehicles ( every time I say vehicle in my mind, it sounds like the Rose City guy) possibly a first in Holstein history!!! And I had lunch with a friend Sarah, we had adult conversation...which was great! Tobey had a little speech tonight, which always makes my day...he also kissed me out of the blue. I watched a comedy special with Eddie and we laughed until we cried...And the kids were very happy with their hot dog dinner.

So, now I am off to try and sleep or find a Golden Girls episode...see you later.

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, you made sense, don't worry. I so understand. Change, even when good, can be so overwhelming. The details are what get me down, too. I'm praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys. Hang in there and together we will get through this to. We always do. Besides, you'll be closer to all the things you love the most, church, Target on the south side, Kelly and Sam, and us.

    ReplyDelete