Monday, September 13, 2010

The Discussion.....

Eddie and I have a good marriage, some may even say a great marriage...I don't want to brag, but he is honestly my best friend and we can spend hours just laughing and talking to each other.

But there is a side you don't see...there is a daily discussion that we try to keep behind locked doors. No, it is not about money, or even the in-laws. It is about Tobey Jude's hair.....

My side, and since it is my blog........
  1. He is named after Hey Jude, what would John Lennon say about him having a crew cut? That is simply wrong...
  2. He doesn't like having his hair cut.
  3. Tobey Jude has probably 10 noticeable scars from his wild head banging days when he was 2. I don't need to see that again.
  4. He looks downright studly with it....come on people, he is adorable!
  5. I love to just mess it up before he goes to sleep!
  6. I love torturing Eddie with it, it drives Eddie nuts to have a son with long hair....Is it because he is losing his own? Hmmm, deep thought there.

Now, I have a slight obsession with why people do things, there is always an underlying issue....So, for the sake of being fair. this is probably the biggest reason for why I won't cut his hair. I am going deep people....

When you see Tobey, the first thought that comes to your mind is...Ohh, he is the cutest little boy ever, but he really needs a hair cut! I think people notice the hair first, not the fact that he is spinning everything, or making weird noises, or doesn't seem to say anything.

Because Tobey cannot speak for himself, sometimes people don't see what an insanely funny and fun little guy he is. One of my favorite things to hear about Tobey, is when people say that he has the greatest sense of humor. Those that have said that, are the ones who have truly "met" my Tobey Jude.

So, much to my husbands dismay the hair will stay, until Tobey tells me to cut it. But for the time being I am his voice and it stays. Eddie will tell me that he is going to start braiding it, the school will ask for rubber bands for Art, people may think he looks like a girl sometimes....but the hair stays!!! I will fight to the death, OK...maybe not to the death, but you get the idea!!!!

I am sure that Eddie will have to put his comment on this....and the discussion continues...

I hope that everyone has a great Monday!! I am off to hide the number to Great Clips.....

3 comments:

  1. You know, I had an internal struggle as to whether or not to comment...on one hand, you said I would probably comment, and I thought about shaking things up and NOT commenting...but, that's not me.
    I am going to psychoanalyze this even further.
    For those of you who have read my wife's blog, you know 2 things...she loves Tobey Jude, and she has an unhealthy relationship with Cody Lundin..who has LONG HAIR!!! NExt thing you know, she's going to have him start going barefoot everywhere, eating small insects, and starting fires.
    I do know she plans on putting bows in Tobey's hair...she won't say that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Eddie,
    Tobey's hair was long before Cody's awesome presence ever entered my mind, so you have already lost the discussion again....
    Now, let's pyschoanalyze my obsession with Cody....maybe we better leave that one alone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tobey-alot. He is so darn cute and very funny!!! But...He needs a hair cut, but I will settle for a trim.

    ReplyDelete