Thursday, September 16, 2010

Changes....

Well, tomorrow is the big day! We put in the application for the house, and I can't wait!!! So everyone who reads this blog must spend all of Friday praying and fasting....OK you don't have to fast, but the prayer would help.

Mentally, I am ready to move....the rest is still in the air. The kids are super excited and ready for a yard that they can actually play in, and not hearing sirens all night long! I am looking forward to hopefully a slower pace of life....which probably will never happen, but I can dream! And most importantly I am looking forward to not having to walk on egg-shells in my own home and thinking about lead a thousand times a day!

Not to sound like the Duggars (they have 19 kids!!) but we are trying to turn this into a learning experience for the kids. We are showing the steps to getting a place, how to get references and next how to pack (hopefully...).

The boys are home today, they have a Dr. appointment so they are enjoying not having to go to school today. Edwin has tried to shoot me about 20 times today, so I believe that will be brought up at the appointment! Edwin is also getting sick of watching pre-school programming on Nick Jr., Emily told him to go to school if he doesn't want to watch Dora! I love that kid!

Melody's head is almost healed, I think she will have more of a scar than I would like. Every time I think of that, I remind myself that she could have ended up with a permanent head injury. Then I realize that a scar is nothing really. We can do the bang look on her....

Eddie and I talked this morning, and we came to the realization that no matter how hard you work at parenting, you can never do it perfectly. I know that we have 7 kids, and that 2 of them take a lot of our time....but poor Olivia, she just wants time with us. Lena and Alison being at or near to that teenage age don't want us to spend as much time with them. The radio is much more interesting and the TV doesn't give out chores. Melody and Emily get time with us when the older kids are at school. And then obviously Edwin and Tobey take a ton of our time....So, who does that leave? Poor Olivia, and It seems like no matter how much I try to keep things equal, she gets short changed. So, today after her homework is done, I am spending an hour with her and only her. I know that 1 hour is not going to give her all the extra attention and time that she desires, but it is a start....

Well, I am off to Dr. Luzzi's ! Have a good one...

2 comments:

  1. I think that Olivia will just love the time that you give her today! It won't matter to her that it was just an hour.
    I know that I only have three but it is hard when one is home all the time and the older ones don't get the same amount of time with me. I try to get some time alone with them but it is still hard to do.
    Just keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to make arrangements for me to take Livie for awhile again. I miss her-alot!

    ReplyDelete