Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Melissa's thoughts at 5 in the morning.....

I can't sleep, the kids are asleep but me? Wide awake before the sun. Tonight at 10, I will regret this early wake up call....but what do you do?

So, if you seen my Facebook yesterday, Tobey Jude said "Mommy", Eddie was holding him at the time and asked him if he wanted Mommy, and then he said it, in his beautiful voice. I scooped him up and kissed him and told him that he was getting extra presents for Christmas. To be honest, I wanted to cry....but I held back so I could enjoy every moment. Tobey also played the piano last night for us for about an hour which was nice. I am not sure how far he is going to come with the talking. I may never hear him say "Mommy" again. But I heard it once and I am am very thankful for it!

I came to the realization last night that the "new" van is perfect for us. I have fought for so many years getting one. I love having a big family, I have came to the conclusion that I must shop at Sam's club, that I will always have more laundry than I can ever even imagine to finish. But, getting the "church" van, was just something I fought. I think it was because I try to remain an individual, and not go with the crowd. I stress this to my children all the time, so getting a van that every other large family in the world has seemed nuts! Well, guess what I am putting it in print....I love the van.
  1. Tobey is by a window, but not a door. The little guy loves looking out, but he also loves messing with the door handle!
  2. It has legal brake lights!
  3. We are not packed in like sardines.
  4. The wheelchair lift, even though it is not staying....is fun to ride!
  5. I snicker every time I see the pole, which is staying.
  6. There is not another van in St. Joe county that looks like this.
  7. It is a safe vehicle.....How do I know this? The red and orange stripes are reflective.....oh yeah.....
  8. The kids think it is the best vehicle in the world!
  9. I can use the van accessible handicap spaces without feeling guilty!
  10. The owners manual has instructions to convert it into an ambulance....side job maybe? (that is a joke, by the way!)

So, my fears of conforming to the typical large family are now gone. Because the van is an original, just like us!

We had a great weekend as usual, just busy....On Friday we took Emily and Melody to Buffy's where Buffy finished off a haircut that Emily had given herself. And, then we had lunch with 2 of my favorite people on earth....Sam and Kelly, we went to Logan's and had actual adult conversation!!! It was great even though I do not recommend the grilled meatloaf. We then took Tobey for more blood work, he was very brave...and dare I say getting used to it...kinda sad. We then took Melody to get stitch removal...Now without getting into full detail on this...I am very thankful that I have my dearest friend Lorinda, and a little upset with Memorial. Anyway, Melody is looking great, and is the bravest 3 year old I have ever seen! On Saturday, Eddie had to work but we had our final growth group with a carry in. Now we are going to an official once a month group, very excited about it and bursting with ideas! Sunday, we went to Church and picked up the van, and then visited my Dad and bravely took 7 kids to Blueberry Fest. We had a great time, but the crowds were intense. I heard a comment that I was holding on to Tobey to tight from a guy who needed a haircut, smoking a cigarette. I thought about saying something to him and realized that he was not worth my time! So, that was the weekend....

Today is filled with the joys of laundry and cleaning...but I am going to lunch with Lorinda, so that will be a nice break! Have a good one everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment