Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Come on phone....

So, I am waiting for the phone to ring and hoping beyond all hope that we get good news on the house today....but while I wait I will tell you a little update on the kids.

Lena is doing really well in school, and looking forward to starting the research project with Notre Dame. I think that we are getting along better now....hard to tell because of those teenage mood swings. Eddie is under the impression that I need to be her friend, which I can see....but I have a hard time with that sometimes.

Alison has been blossoming lately...I found one of her notebooks the other day fully expecting to see one of her long song lists...and what I found is like this comic book with extremely intricately written characters, with really in depth story lines. It was about a high school for ghosts, and the cliques that they have. All of the characters not only had their own personality but also their own style of clothes, and quirks...It was REALLY impressive. It is an amazing feeling finding out more about your kids and how awesome they are.

I had a talk with Edwin's teacher yesterday, and I guess that he impressed the classroom with his knowledge of money, he was the only one in the class that understands the concept. The teacher just loves having him when he is not trying to kill her. She said that she is honored to have him in her class and happy that her kids are exposed to him. I think that she is talking about the same dude who loves to tell me to get rid of Tobey.....

Olivia is still enjoying being the only one with pierced ears, she is driving me nuts with questions though. They come out on October 12th, no that is not an infection, yes I will get you Tinkerbell earrings.....I have been doing better about spending more time with her though, yesterday she informed me that she needed some space!

Tobey, besides screaming "Soda" at the top of his lungs, has not given me much language lately. He is enjoying school, especially on Wednesday when he gets to go swimming in a therapy pool. With all the cool stuff they do, and no homework ever....I kinda feel jealous that I didn't get to go to Lifeskills...I digress.

Emily is a handful as usual....she unlike Tobey is more verbal everyday... Yesterday she informed me that I am not allowed to ground her from computer like I do Edwin, now...she is never on computer. So, I think she is already worried about future punishments, which means that she plans on ALWAYS being trouble.

Melody is getting weirder all the time, and I can't blame a head injury. She is just about the oddest little person I have ever met. Her "cuss" word of choice right now is "nuggets!". I heard her say that about 50 times yesterday. If she dropped her doll "nuggets" if she got a weird look from Tobey "nuggets". I hope that is why she is saying that, or maybe she has a craving for chicken nuggets...

Today, I am going on a lunch date with some friends from Church, so I am looking forward to that...And then back home to keep throwing stuff out in preparation for the move, hopefully. I don't know why I hold onto things sometimes. One problem, analyzing myself...I love words! In my living room I have words everywhere... signs, on candles, little wood things on the fireplace. Now here comes the problem...it's not the decorations that cause the problem...it is keeping every magazine ever written, kids schoolwork, newsletters, recipes I will probably never make (beef wellington? I am not Gordon Ramsey), letters from friends, cards from family...it is overwhelming! So, I am making every attempt to get rid of it, very hard....

So, I have to get going...I hope that you have a good day!!!

1 comment:

  1. a few years ago i had my mom go through her STACKS of magazines (every magazine had a "reason" she was keeping it, usually just a one or two page article or recipe) and tear out the article that was important to her. then we put the articles in plastic sheet protectors and then all those plastic sheets in a binder. it's a good way to be able to keep what is important but get rid of all the magazines!

    ReplyDelete