Monday, September 6, 2010

Is that a red stripe, or an orange stripe...?


Well, it is official. We have become one of those families. Yesterday, through the generosity of friends and the providence of God, we bought...a van.

This, however, is not just any van. It is a fifteen passenger extended roof handicapped accessible Ford, complete with wheelchair lift. It is white, with a red/orange stripe all the way around. It is clean inside with a school bus interior.

The kids are excited, especially about the wheelchair lift. Eddie and I thought about embarrassing them at school by taking them one morning and making them ride the lift down to the street...However, they like riding it so much now, I think we may have to start charging admission.

Here is another quirk/embarrassing story about my husband...First of all, we bought the van from a nun, Sister Gretchen. She does respite care for the boys. Side note, she will be on TV on WNDU at 9:00 October third...she is awesome. Anyway, inside the side passenger door, there is a mounted pole to assist people entering and exiting the van. My daughter, Lena, asks,"What's this pole for?"

Oblivious to present company and without missing a beat, Eddie chimes in,"It's for dancing."

Now, I don't believe in slavery, personally, but I will sell my husband to any bidder...however, I don't accept pay pal. ;)


So, if you see a big white van with a red/orange stripe around it, then you know where the Holsteins are. Just remember to bring a dollar for admission to the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment