Thursday, August 26, 2010

Updates!!!!

Well the first day of school was a hit! All the kids seem to like their teachers, and I was correct in my assumption of who Lena's favorite teacher is! I know that girl....

While were at Clay we signed up for a program through Notre Dame on a study of how parents communicate with their teenagers and also tips on how to improve your communication skills. I think that this is going to be great for several reasons...
  1. It will give Lena some time just with us, and something that is only hers!
  2. We get paid!
  3. The other kids are taken care of in a fun and safe enviroment, and will be great socially for them.
  4. I have 6 more teenagers in my future and could use all the help I can get.
  5. I think Lena getting to experience a view of College will get her more excited to go and keep pusshing her towards that goal!

So, I am excited about it! I think that this will be a great benefit to our family.

Emily and Melody really enjoyed being in the house without the big kids yesterday. They ot upset that they didn't have their own homework so I had to drag out the coloring books....they really needed to study coloring, or so I told them.

Last year on Labor Day weekend, I vowed to NEVER go to Blueberry Fest again! And then this morning Eddie and I are in talks of going. We seem to never learn...Last year, we got seperated and I had a panic attack when I couldn't find Eddie who was trying to wrangle 4 kids through the chaos. I bought the worlds biggest craft which I was stuck carrying for what seemed like 20 miles of crowds and people who honestly scared the heck out of me! I am planning on going with a better plan of dealing with the boys and taking 2 cell phones, so here's hoping that it isn't another disaster! I am trying to break out of that mindset of just avoiding things that didn't turn out the best.

Well, that is all for today, I hope that you have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment