Saturday, August 21, 2010

Her Dual Life...(warning, the following may shock you)

Hello again, it's the hubby. Well, I can take it NO longer!!! Every one who reads this blog has this image of my wife...great mother; activist for autism; loving wife...but, I can no longer let you, the general public, be kept in the dark. My wife has a secret...
It all began several months ago. She began to act suspiciously, almost giddy. She asked me if I could start growing my hair out...maybe I should start exercising. I thought, wow, she really cares for me. So much so, that she is looking out for my health and welfare.
But, then I started to notice things....little things, peculiar things. Friday nights, 10pm/9pm central, she would disappear. For over an hour I would wonder, then she would reappear...strange I thought.
Then she began styling my girls hair in braids. No big deal, except, my youngest has a pixie cut, so she made her wear a wig...strange...
Fast forward to the present...I was at work last night, minding my own business, when I thought about her...a weird, paranoid thought. I called the house...she answered. And abruptly hung up...in the background, a man's voice...
This morning, I confronted her about it...She has been seeing another man...CODY LUNDIN from DUAL SURVIVOR!!!
I blame myself, I was the one who turned her onto the show in the first place. I'll never forget those fateful words..."Melissa, you gotta see this...this guy is in his bare feet...ON A GLACIER!!!"
If only I had known about the damning impact of those words...Now it all makes sense...her calling me Cody...wanting to graze and eat off the land...the bare feet.
I cry myself to sleep, now, knowing that I started out as her husband. But now, I am the other man...Curse you Discovery channel! Curse you for your entertaining and provocative programming on Friday nights, along with various reruns throughout the week!
My only consolation...the lighter with which I can easily start a fire...and my shoes.

4 comments:

  1. My dearest Eddie,
    I am sorry that I have found another man, now that he is on hiatus....will you take me back?

    In all seriousness, I am in love with the fact that we have such a great marriage that we can joke around about this....now take your shoes off.....and please don't ask me any questions of why the kids keep going barefoot...I plead the 5th!
    Love, your wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, by the way....get your own blog!

    ReplyDelete