Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One more day....

School starts tomorrow! If you can't sense my excitement, well let me put this in words.....I am like a kid on Christmas Eve!!! It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

I just got done writing Tobey, Olivia and Edwin's teachers letters to tell them a little about the kids. I am getting ready to double check the backpacks and lay out all clothing items for tomorrow. I want "Operation Get Your Butt to School", to go perfectly! Will I miss them? Yes, of course!! I love these little people, but I will be laughing through the tears!

I am so ready to get things done at home, that are impossible to do when you are totally outnumbered by kids! I may just get my lawn mowed and our front porch painted! The possibilities are endless!

I am most looking forward to Friday! This Friday we are taking Emily and Melody shopping for their winter clothes and out to Chocolate Cafe! We are also going grocery shopping which may not be exciting to you, but to Melody and Emily, it is like an amusement park! Why didn't they have carts with TVs in them when I was a kid?

Eddie said that it drives him nuts when I do one of these potpourri blogs and speak on more than one subject, but it is my blog so he can deal with it! So here are a few stories on the kids....

Emily, as you know worships Edwin. Even though I will never figure it out, she thinks that he is the world! Well, Edwin was simply getting sick of her bugging him and he wrote out some not very nice words on a piece of paper and handed it to her. I won't say what the words were, just use your imagination. Well, Emily can't read and she thought Edwin had written her a beautiful letter ( her words) and then proceeded to show everyone in the house. I tried to take it from her without letting on why she shouldn't show everyone including the neighbors, but she was just not going to let me get rid of her letter! So, thankfully Tobey being the destructive kid he is, finally ripped the letter to confetti! Thank you Tobey!

Olivia cut her foot on Sunday, nothing serious, but in her mind....she may lose a foot! I think that she believes that she is a Dr., giving me instructions on how to care for her foot, telling me that she cannot do excessive activities and asking me to cancel her plans. Now I am not sure what plans a 7 year old has? But, they have been officially canceled. Today she did tell me that she can attend school because she was able to jump off the coffee table. I have no idea how that meshes together in her mind...jumping off coffee table----can attend school...but whatever, she feels now that she can suffer through it.

Well, that is all today! I hope that you have a good one, and if you had plans with Olivia I am sorry to tell you that she had to cancel...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment