Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fridays with the Holstein's...

So, after getting 5 kids on the bus and dropping off Emily and Melody at Buffy's', we ran a few errands and then finally made it to lunch.

We tried out Angelo's after hearing great raves about it. It was pretty good, the cake was awesome! But, Eddie and I have decided that we must be 2 of the most boring people alive. I tried to not to spend our few moments away from the kids, talking about the kids. Eddie and I know each other so well, that we have no stories to tell each other. So, we ended up with Eddie making up the history of terms...."I am good now" according to Eddie was somehow started from a preacher that used to be very bad and then turned out to be good....Eddie had a lot of these. And then after talking about who had the best store brand ice cream...we decided to talk about the kids.

We took all the kids to Chuck E. Cheese...that was fun. Everybody acts like that is just insane to go there. But we had a great time except that we were seated next to the most annoying machine there. Tobey spilled 2 drinks in less than 2 minutes, which may be a record....Olivia was giddy with all her tickets and then a little heart broken to walk away with a sucker and a ring.

We had quite a few people show up for Chuck E, Cheese with us. It was nice because we stopped doing family party's a long time ago. My friend Michelle brought 3 of her kids, my Dad and his "live in" (I don't know why he calls her that), my sister-in-laws Elisa and her son Trace, and Abby and her son Caleb came. So we were quite the group. I wonder if they are all going to come when we have to go back in March for Edwin's birthday?

Today, Eddie is at work even though it is Saturday...he has to work all weekend. I am not happy about this because I will have to drive the big van that I am horrible at parking. And it is not easy getting 7 kids ready by yourself when you are on a timeline....But this time of year, Eddie works a ton of hours so, I need to get over it (and learn how to park the van).

Today I am going to make the kids deep clean their rooms and bribe them with a movie this afternoon. I am in hopes that Eddie gets home by 7:15 tonight so that I can try to get actual groceries in the house again. I am down to a gallon of milk and some canned goods...really need to go and get that done before the kids start rebelling.

So, that is all for today....have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the van parking. I am still horrible at parking a regular sized van!
    I have discovered that it is nice being married to the same fella for over 25 years.
    Yes, we know each other's stories as if they were our own.
    It is really nice to be quiet together and not feel like I have to say something.
    When I do need to talk, he is there listening and supporting, whether I am being rational or unreasonable.
    We enjoy the same things and try to understand the different things the other likes without it being a chore anymore...it used to be a huge chore to listen to politics!
    Enjoy your time together, someday, it will be all you have!
    Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete