Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Edwin, please just shoot me now....

I have simply learned that nothing seems to come easy to us....So now that I expect this, I need to learn how to roll with it.

The house that we have waited for, switched utilities to, and put money down on is not going to happen. I would love to bang my head in the wall! The owner has decided to sell rather than rent. So, here is the dilemma....do we wait it out in a house that has lead, or do we find another house and possibly have to move in a year? I have no idea what to do....I need to make sure that Tobey is safe while trying to make sure that the other kids are happy at good schools and not resenting Tobey for us having to move.

So, here is our plan of attack.....we are checking into other agencies to help us find a house, and looking outside of South Bend a little. We can't move far though because our lives are based in South Bend. We are also in hopes that there is some plan that God has for us to put us in the perfect home for us....but just because you are a Christian and you pray, doesn't mean that it will just be given to you on a silver platter. So tomorrow we are off to look at a couple of houses and hopefully one will work out! Because to be honest I would much rather be spending this great time of the year being with my kids and not stressed out about this stuff.

OK, on to other things....Melody busted her lip last night and that was the big news on the evening. It looks really good. And unlike Obama she did not need stitches, just some love. Alison is already working on becoming the moodiest teenager in the house, she may beat Lena....WOW!

We have noticed something with Edwin this year. Usually that dude is not into holidays, he simply couldn't care less. But this year? This guy is into everything! I am loving this Edwin! He is so much more fun. Everyday he shows me how he wants to open his presents. Everyday he tells me he wants Mighty Beanz (series 1) and explains which Legos to buy. It is so cute.

Tonight one of my favorite Christmas specials is on....Rudolph! One of my favorite memories of my Mom at Christmas time was watching it with her. We had such old TV's and no reception you would have to move around the house to see where it would come in the best....on those 3 channels, 4 if the weather was good!

Well, I have like a million phone calls to make....I will see you later!

2 comments:

  1. Well, Darn! So sorry to hear about the no go house. You would think the owner would have thought of this earlier. I will be praying diligently that you find the home God has already laid out for you....kind of like a treasure hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melissa, boo. I'm so sorry to hear that, especially after you've probably got a lot packed up already! I also will be praying. for the record, I think I would choose a safe house with a potential move in a year if necessary. But it's a hard decision, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete