Thursday, November 4, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

I am so ready for Friday!!! We have no big plans this weekend except we are going to work as a family to go gang busters on this house!

We had an interesting day yesterday....we had the "talk" with Alison....we are fairly open about sex around here, and I was pregnant for like 10 years straight, so I thought Alison would have known something about sex. I was soooo wrong. She thought that a spirit entered a woman's body and then an orb actually makes the baby in there. So the first thing I thought is that she is watching WAY to much on the Sci-Fi channel, and we have failed at equipping her for life! I thought that she at least knew the basics, and that we would focus the "talk" on our own values and beliefs.....but by the time we got to that part of the conversation....Alison was FREAKED out! The best line that Eddie said during this debacle was "I need you to listen very carefully, I can only do this one time today!". So Alison, is no longer innocent and I can only imagine the nightmares she had going through her head last night!".

Tobey has been sleeping better this week, which has been amazing. I don't know if you know what it is like to have a child that doesn't require sleep....I am here to tell you that it is not easy. My favorite sight is seeing that precious boy drift off to dreamland.

So, I know that I have told you before about Buddy the Squirrel...that silly squirrel that eats out of our hands....well yesterday , he surprised me! We got these huge apples from Sam's Club on Monday and I was eating one while waiting with Edwin for the bus. After only 1 bite there was Buddy scampering up the steps of the porch. I bent over to talk to him (yes, I talk to him) and that silly squirrel took the apple out of my hands and raced up the tree with it! This poor thing is going to starve when we move! I have seen him eat McDonald's hamburgers, a hot dog, shrimp, and of course his precious peanuts.....Not surprisingly he is becoming one of the fattest squirrels I have ever seen!

Well, that is today....I had a lunch date earlier and I now have to catch up on things! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment