Thursday, April 8, 2010

Blissful morning......

Today I woke up to the most beautiful sound, no it was not my husband saying that he is staying home and I don't need to lift a finger, it was Tobey Jude playing with my hair and saying " Hi, honey". You just have to love that!

It was not even a year ago and I really knew nothing about this little guy, he was trapped and it was really seeming a little hopeless, and now? I have overwhelming joy, that is the only words to describe it. I have finally got to "meet" my Tobey and he is one of the most amazing, funny and creative person that I have ever met, and he is my boy! I am so thankful for how far he has come and so blessed that I was here to witness it.

He LOVES The Beatles, which all I can say is thank you, otherwise he would not be happy here. His favorite song is "Hey Jude" which he has been sung since birth. He must always have a car, he even sleeps with them. His favorite foods are apples, string cheese, yogurt and any meat. He will never eat bread with a sandwich and ketchup needs to be applied to everything that he can legally eat it on. He figures out things... he got a spin wheel for Easter and he could not get it to go faster (he is the master of all spinning), so he turned on the window fan and let it do the work. Entertained him for hours. He loves to help with vacuuming and using the steam mop, and has a great talent to copy the noises perfectly. His teacher called a few months ago and she knew that we had a new vacuum just from the fact that his noises had changed. He is loving, he just hugs and kisses and cuddles all day, which I am ok with.

Sometimes when our family or strangers see him they see Autism but he is so much more than that. Eddie and I were talking and if someone gave us a pill that would "fix" the boys I am not sure what we would do. I mean you don't want the scary stuff that Autism can bring.... seizures, social issues, meltdowns, food issues, therapies, extra appointments and so on. But, I wouldn't want to lose them.... I know that Autism is only a part of who they are but I LOVE all of who they are, so no easy answer for me on that one.

Well, today is household really and I see laziness creeping up on the children, I hope that you have a blessed day.

By the way, I was wrong on the giver of the gift card, so whoever you are Thank you so much for thinking of us, we will enjoy a lovely lunch on Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that we got to chat for a bit this morning! You are one AWESOME MOM. And you do have a great family. God blessed you with two sons, no matter how "different" they are from other boys, and gave you and Ed the ability and patience to care for them! You are truly an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete