Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday, Monday....

Another weekend gone and here we are at the beginning of a new week. The weekend went really well, we got quite a bit accomplished and still managed some fun stuff. Friday eddie had to work overtime, which kinda messed up the weekend plans, but he's go to do it. Saturday after Eddie worked again, I had a ladies night out with my Dad's girfrind Dee, a dear friend Mary Esther, Joan, Bev and we took Lena. We had a nice dinner out and then went to see a lady from our Church perform at the Century Center with ther dance troupe, it was so good I am going to put Alison in it next year, maybe Olivia too. They perform only to christain music and there was no weird outfits or anything.

Yesterday we went to Church and the pastor's Dad gave the sermon and did a great job. Eddie and I always seem to get different things out of the sermon it seems. With the story being about David I came to the realization that we are not perfect and even though we mess up royally, we are not alone. I am thankful that I haven't messed up as much as David! I am not sure what Eddie got out of it, but he kept elbowing me to let me know that I need to pay particular attention to certain parts. He does this a lot, like when forgiveness is brought up. I am trying but it is hard sometimes to forgive people, especially if they are still doing those hurtful things. During one particular sermon that Sam did once, Eddie elbowed me so many times I thought that I would bruise. It was a sermon about how a wife needs to submit to her husband.....I will work on it, no promises!

We had a totally out of the blue dinner last night and ate healthy (until dessert), seeing that I knew Edwin wouldn't eat any of it I made his mac and cheese for him. Edwin came out to get his mac and cheese took a long look at dinner and said " Yeah, I will eat that."! Really? You could have knocked me over with a feather. Now granted he also ate the mac and cheese, but we made progress.

We started a new thing yesterday where the kids are signing chore contracts, they are really embracing this one. Eddie and I have to sign them too, which they get a kick out of. If we are still doing this next week and making some headway with them I will let you know.

So, that is all today, I have like 30 e-mails that I need to send out!!! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment