Wednesday, June 30, 2010

He likes sports and he don't care who knows....

When I was a kid we had 1 TV, I knew that during football season it was just going to be impossible to watch anything else, so to occupy my time I would play on the railroad tracks or go and buy tootsie rolls from the only business in town. (I am from a very small town!) But, then football season would come to a close and me being someone who loves TV could finally watch those 4 precious channels. And then it happened. the worst thing that could happen to a girl that hates sports...Earl Mishler moved in!!!! (insert dreaded music here for the full effect.) Earl was a sports writer for the South Bend Tribune and one of my Dad's best friends. This man watched every sport known to man. So here I was finally getting cable and had only the pleasure of watching golf, softball, baseball, football, basketball, even bowling! I thought that I was going to lose my mind. I vowed then and there that I would not marry a man who watched sports!

When I met Eddie I asked him if he watched sports, his Dad didn't except the fake wrestling (I don't think that counts really). When he said "No, not really" I knew that this was the perfect man for me. But then came the Colts, I tried to accept them. I even got Edwin a little jersey and resorted to the fact that I lost him on Sunday and Monday night. I tried to see the positives, Eddie makes the best chili EVER and would make it on game day, the kids would watch with him and I would get a break. But then other things started sneaking in...we moved here and being so close to Notre Dame, you can't help but get caught up in the thrill of it. I noticed the kids wearing more and more Notre Dame stuff all the time. I even watched a few games myself. But now this has gone to an inexcusable level...hockey (supposedly to check the scores for guys at work) and now baseball. I have lost again....a man in my life that loves sports!!!!! It's sad really, I tried to prevent it.

So, instead of fighting it...I am simply going to hook cable up in my room tomorrow and comfort my self with Golden Girls and watch Deadliest Catch really loudly to drown out the sobbing about who he has become...a guy who loves sports!

I will probably watch a game or 2 with him this fall, and get Emily and Melody those little cheer leading skirts because they are really cute, but that is about the extent of my involvement. I mean I love the guy, but I have my limits and it'd watching hockey!!!!


I hope that everyone has a blessed day and thank you so much for all the comments and Happy Anniversaries on our Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment