Friday, December 24, 2010

Up since 3!!!!

Tobey has decided again that sleep is overrated, so here I am at 7:13 in the morning and in desperate need of a nap. But, thanks to Tobey I was able to make sure that I got the number count right for the gifts, it has to be even you know....Went to Meijer's before the crowd hit and I am getting ready to go and make some cookies with the kids and do some activity sheets with the younger ones. And then Eddie is taking over because this is going to be a long day....

Edwin is running all over the house this morning, the boy is hyped about Christmas this year. He is currently role playing how Santa is going to eat the cookies and how he should place the presents. He has also wrapped up some of his old toys to make the mock Christmas complete.

We have not been able to find the kids stockings from last year, we told the kids that they have to do it like they did it in the old days and use real socks. They looked at us with disbelief....now I can't say for sure but I have it under good authority that Santa may leave them new stockings this year....he may have found them on sale at the The Christmas Tree Shop and used a coupon, just saying.

Until the madness hits tonight we actually have a pretty easy day of just getting a few things done and getting ready for Church tonight, kinda nice. I am hoping for a stress free time today, now watch the last time I said that Melody got stitches....forget the last thing there.

I have had several people tell me that I need to write a book or something about our lives. I am not real sure if it is because of our past life story, having 7 kids or the Autism factor....but I have talked it over with Eddie and I have decided to start off by sending in an article to Parents magazine something similar about the challenges of the the boys, I am trying to think of a quirky title like Mom of the 'tism or something like that. I want it funny but honest.

And on the non-national level I want to write a letter to all those people who write in to the South Bend Tribune about parents using leashes. I am so sick of the comments about Tobey being on a leash. I have heard everything from "Oh, there must be something really wrong with that kid" to "Don't you know how to control your kid?". Just drives me nuts! And then on the rare occasion that I speak up and say "He is a non-verbal autistic with ADHD and a seizure disorder" well, then I make them feel like crap and it turns into a pity party. Do I want to use a restraint on my almost 6 year old? No, but I also don't want to have him get stolen, hit by a car, or not be right next to him if a meltdown is getting ready to start. So, I will use the leash and I may just have cards printed up to explain his entire medical history to people......

Maybe I will wait until I am not quite so passionate on that subject before I put it in the paper....they may want to restrain me!

So, I will see you later....I hope that you are having a great Christmas Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment