Tuesday, December 14, 2010

HELP ( I know another Beatles reference)

So here is the update....Nipsco will be on today, and water and AEP are already done, and phone on Thursday....is this really happening? The plan is we will be at the house tomorrow night, so Eddie will virtually have no sleep for 326 hours again, he has done it before....I told him that we will be able to sleep again some time after Christmas.

Edwin did his own packing yesterday....he put 6 matchbox cars and a Incredible Hulk action figure in a shoebox and told me that he has all he needs. I asked him about clothes, he told me he is wearing clothes....I was then speechless. (Rare occurrence folks!).

Today...December 14th, is kind of a holiday in the Holstein home....15 years ago today Eddie proposed to me...and it is also my Grandma Sims' birthday. I know I promised to write more about her, but it is super hard for me to talk about her still. I still just miss her so much and she has been gone 10 years. So on this date every year we have the Holstein's annual A Christmas Story night....but we will have to move it to Saturday, I already packed the pans and we are living off of sandwich stuff and frozen pre-made dinners. I am so looking forward to the kids covered in mashed potatoes....I wish I could figure out how to keep the cabbage red...any ideas?

So, here is a glimpse of what the rest of the week looks like....

Wednesday-get the keys! And move all kitchen stuff, living room stuff and beds over. The little girls re staying at CJ"s so this is totally doable.

Thursday- Wait for the phone guy and unpack everything while Eddie keeps hauling stuff over...and also pray that Tobey is liking the house.

Friday-Finish the extended family Christmas shopping, wrap gifts, grocery shopping , laundromat, get my first tattoo (my Christmas present), going out with friends to the Civic Theatre to see Miracle on 34th street.

Saturday- Get more stuffed unpacked and put up Tobey alarms (windows and doors) and take the kids to in-laws for their Christmas party. Come home to kids that are hopefully near a comatose state and have Terri help me with kids and getting ready for our Christmas Party on Sunday....I also need to do some baking!

Sunday- Make Italian Beef, set up for party, help out in Kids Kanyon, go with family to 11:30 service. Have my sides party @ 2, and then fall down dead from the week!

Monday-finish the move!!!!!! So, if I don't blog for a while you see why! Insane, people...I am insane!

So, here is our theory...If we have this insane week this week, and finish everything we need to do....We will have an easy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, looks good in print, probably won't happen!

Well, I am off to get stuff done, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment