Sunday, December 5, 2010

LIfe at the Holstein's.....

So, the last time I blogged I was feeling sorry for myself....blah, blah blah. Well let me tell you a few things that can help boost your spirits.

My friend CJ bought us a Christmas Tree that contains NO LEAD....and we let the kids decorate the whole thing themselves. Well my kids decided to start quoting Charlie Brown and then turned on the Linus and Lucy song and did the crazy dancing (Peanuts style) and then Eddie getting bored started doing the Robot (yes, the hubby Eddie). It then progressed into something that you would see in a club. The kids were jumping around like crazy and Eddie was acting like the worst behaved kid of them all. Me? I was sitting on the couch crying from laughing so hard.

Today the boys went to respite for 5 hours and leave it to Eddie to say something inappropriate to the nun again...I think that she probably douses the boys in holy water when we leave to save their souls from their father's influence. So, we got a break from the boys and enjoyed a quiet house....Nice. I hope in the future that we can afford more respite care....we'll see.

So, then we went to Church...Now I am not saying that I am yippy skippy and the world is all rainbows and unicorns, but is is impossible to leave our Church in a bad mood. I have experienced more love in that magical place then I thought existed. I felt hopeless on Friday and now I am ready to stop with the tears and the fear and WE ARE GOING TO FIND A HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am so lucky to have so many people love me and my family. I am so lucky to know CJ, and Kris and Diane and Jennae and Sarah and Ann and Kelly and Sam.

Tomorrow we are going to try for a house in Mishawaka....it is smaller and less rent (holla....I don't know how the heck to spell that!). So, I am not getting my hopes up to high.....but this place could be good for us!

Well, I am off to watch a movie with the Eddie and wrap some gifts.....see you Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm late to the party, so I hope that the house-looking went well. And wanted to say that you spelled Holla just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mishawaka is a great place to live. :) Alex and I were so happy to move back to the Wak after living in South Bend for a year. I hope the house is PERFECT for your family.

    ReplyDelete