Friday, July 2, 2010

What She Doesn't Know...


Well, hello again all you readers, it's me again, The Hubby. Melissa does not know I am writing this because I wanted this to be a surprise.


You see, for all of you not quite aquainted with my wife, she is more than the contents of these blogs...how much more? Well, she is 34 years old today, and i thought I would list 34 interesting facts and tidbits about her...here we go!



  1. Melissa is a huge Michael Jackson fan. In fact, she defended him better than his lawyers did during his trials;

  2. She hates to wear shirts that show here bra straps. You have no idea how many shirts would look INCREDIBLE on her, and she turns them down because of this;

  3. Melissa likes her food somewhat bland;

  4. In a related post, she is an incredible cook...go figure!

  5. We used to keep a list of famous people we would go out with...mine were the usual...Julia Roberts, Megan Mullally ( Don't ask, I don't even know)...Melissa's? Christopher Walken...I KNOW!

  6. When her mom died in 1989, her grandparents, Frances and Jesse, basically raised her while her father was on the road working...these were the best years of her youth, despite the tragedy of the circumstance.

  7. She graduated from Culver High School in 1994

  8. She was going to go to school for nursing, but she met the love of her life...later, she met me;

  9. She LOVES coca-cola...she would not trade Tobey Jude for a can, but the other kids are fair game;

  10. Melissa's first car was a piece of crap she named Bingo ( she names cars ). It was a 1987 or 85 ford tempo. It was in and out of the garage literally every other week. *insert clever acronym for the name "ford" here*

  11. Melissa loves Paula Deen. In fact, we are going to make an attempt to eat at her restaurant on the way back from disney.

  12. She loves the Beatles. They are her favorite band ever, although lately she has had a thing for Green day...She's coming around ;)

  13. She loves chocolate. But not fancy chocolate...either lindt, or hershey will do. Hershey is the preference!

  14. She is obsessed with frontierville on facebook...if I hear about snakes or bears again...

  15. The best part of her day is hearing Tobey not just talk, but communicate with her;

  16. The best part of my day is talking to her;

  17. She really is an Obama Mama. Someday, she'll learn...

  18. She doesn't hate my parents, she just dislikes their son...

  19. I am not joking about Coke;

  20. She truly loves everyone at Living Stones Church;

  21. When she first saw the movie "Titanic", she went with her best friend at the time, Michelle. She had tears in her eyes as she told me about it and how it impacted her life...

  22. Avatar, not so much...

  23. She used to be a lead person at Southside Target in South Bend. She still misses the job, but misses the people more...

  24. When we first met, her hair was down to her but with long banana curls...within a week of meeting me, she cut it...to this day, i don't know why, but I'll take her any way I can get her;

  25. She is not a fan of "roughing it", as was evidenced by our recent 3 day blackout...so, no camping for her...

  26. She is a fan of the show dual survival. She thinks Cody Lundin is sexy...yeah the one with the long braids and bows at the end who insists on being barefoot.

  27. She is a bigger fan of the show :Deadliest Catch" They are currently on the Captain Phil death story right now, and it is tearing her apart;

  28. I think she loves our flat screen tv more than me...just a suspicion I have...

  29. Together, Melissa and I have decided to rename Wal Mart, "The Wal-Mart" ( inside joke )

  30. She has a brother named Brock, who is married with 2 kids, one boy, one girl. Why I didn't include that till now, I don't know...

  31. She has really cute feet ( my opinion )

  32. She hates pizza...I KNOW!!!!!!!!

  33. She is an incredible mother and wife;

and finally..


34. I love her more now than when we met!



Happy Birthday Melissa! If you want to wish her a happy birthday, feel free to leave a comment here! She likes getting those here!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome post! Happy Birthday, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Melissa, Happy birthday to you. That's from all the Wallins!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Melissa... have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet hubby!! Happy birthday Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Post and sweet wonderful Hubby! You are very lucky! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to the strongest lady I know! :)

    ReplyDelete