Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Yesterday (great song!)

Yesterday was kinda of a laid back day, all the kids were pretty mellow and I got a ton accomplished (deep cleaning 2 rooms), today I have to clean the rest of the house because the cable man is coming tomorrow! Hallelujah!!!! I can hardly wait I am going through a Deadliest Catch withdrawal, I find Sig soooo cute! To keep the kids from tearing up the house we got the kids some craft stuff to do when they come home, that works like magic.

I finally watched This Is It, if you know me, I am a fan of Michael Jackson and The Beatles. My kids are also fans, they have no choice! That was one of the best movies I have seen in a while, what a loss, and what a genius. Before he died you almost had to hide that you were a fan of his, now no one stares at you for blasting his music going down the road, or wearing his shirt or having him as a ring tone. Funny how we always tend to realize how amazing someone is after they die. I guess that is just Human Nature (pun intended). I still get choked up a little watching things about him, I feel so badly about the way he was treated and how we have lost that type of entertainer. It seems like so many musicians don't really seem to have that much talent anymore. I could literally go on all day about Michael Jackson, I digress.

We spent the weekend getting everything done for the big game only for the Colts to lose, what a disappointment and a sore subject for my husband, but the Letterman commercial was great, The Who was also a disappointment. It is really sad when you can say the highlight was a 30 second commercial out of 4 hours, what a waste of time. We did have good food though. The kids just love cake.

Speaking of cake, somehow I got talked into throwing a birthday party for Olivia's doll, she came to us a Christmas time, so she is only 2 months old. I sometimes feel bad for Olivia being the middle kid and in between 2 bothers who have Autism. So needless to say, I am baking cookies, not cake, we just had that on Sunday. And, we are making decorations, Olivia is letting me pick out the dinner at least, I hope that she likes chicken. Olivia is responsible for the homemade card and I am going to help her make a gift with some scrap fabric. I am not sure now that I think of it, if this doll even has a name yet. Anyway, whatever it takes to let Olivia know that she is loved, I will do!

Well, folks that is all for today, I have cable to prepare for! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment