Monday, February 1, 2010

Another weekend gone...

I have discovered that our weekends are so packed that I will simply have to become a Monday thru Thursday blogger. That and with the whole crew here and one computer, there can be problems.

So, Tobey's meeting went really well, I even met his teacher that he will have next year, she happens to be Edwin's special Olympics coach, small world! She also has a child with Downs syndrome so she has walked the walk. Tobey will get 2 hours of therapy a week, including swimming. He will also have weekly community trips, but as far as academics there is not much, I am considering spending a few hours a week with him to keep him up to date more. I really feel more at peace with the decision we made.

On Friday we went to Shelton's and stocked our freezer with meat and got tons of veggies and cheese. I love the feeling of a stocked freezer, a little old fashioned I know. Tobey had augmentative therapy and then came home for a play date with Auberesch, she is a friend of Alison's that Edwin has a crush on. She is from Ethiopia and really interesting to be around. She just came here 10 months ago and adores cheese pizza, she doesn't care for pop, which is the beverage of choice in our house! After that we went to buy Beatles rock band and Eddie and I had so much fun that we accidentally woke up the kids, they told us to be quiet and go to bed, after we reminded them we are the parents, we went to bed. They were right.

On Saturday I baked 50 cupcakes for a baby shower and took Lena and Alison with. They had a great time and Alison won detergent, that will take to long to explain. Eddie bravely took the 5 youngest kids to the Bremen Bounce house. The crowds were a little much for Edwin but Tobey who is the master of jumping had the time of his life. We did some grocery shopping and played rock band, again waking up the kids!

Sunday we went to church and both Eddie and I got to work in the same room, we had so much fun, there were twenty 3-4 year olds. I told Eddie to reverse the vasectomy, I want 13 more, he did not find that funny. We realized that we are gluttons for punishments when we decided to take the kids to TGI Friday's. Now we don't do the sit down restaurants often. Here is why...

  1. It is not cheap to eat out for 9 people, and we have to tip well because the kids will spill something. I did have coupons from Zoo Boo which really helped.
  2. We get stared at, I know that people in this area don't have large families, but we are not that interesting.
  3. You always have to wait for the large tables. Kids do not like that.
  4. Hello, 7 kids, not easy to control.

Now with that being said the kids were awesome, Melody did spill chocolate milk though. We were complimented several times on their behavior. Lena had her first adult meal at a sit down restaurant and Emily used the potty for the first time in public. So we came out unscathed and will do this again in 6 months!

Eddie is always complaining that I am over scheduling the weekends, I have to! I would love to have a weekend where we don't do anything, it may happen sometime in March. Probably not.

Well that is all for today, have good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment