Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finally.....

We are finally making some headway on the house. It seems like every 2 weeks we are getting some real work done. On Superbowl weekend we got the living room redone. Got new furniture, installed the TV, and put down a rug and coffee tables, we know have enough seating for a large family. Some of the kids still insist on sitting on the floor, I am not going to fight that battle.

Now this weekend, we are working on the kids bathroom. In it is a claw foot tub, which I love, you can fit several toddlers in at one time. The faucet started leaking, I thought this was not a big deal, well guess what, it was. The faucet is outdated and you cannot just go out and replace it with any faucet, it must be special ordered. This then caused the water heater elements to burn out because it was hot water leaking. The water heater was just installed last October. We tried to engineer a way to just put in shutoffs, which it didn't have, which meant the pipe needed replaced because the shutoffs for that size are also not available. So, now I am waiting for a faucet and hoping we don't burn out the elements first. This then got me thinking that the bathroom should be my next decorating project. So now I am going to make Eddie do a major overhaul and pit down tile, new toilet and replace the sink pedestal. Now the reason I can afford this is that Eddie is working a ton of hours, and not in the mood to spend his precious free time turning our bathroom into my vision of a Charlie Brown experience. Thank God the man loves me!

So here is an update on the kids.... Lena is doing well with the grade skip, but had no idea on the work load. Alison got a haircut which she fought me on but loves. Edwin is obsessed with Star Wars, not Star Trek... he will correct you. Olivia and her doll have recovered from the birthday party, Olivia said that party's are a lot of work. Tobey said "HI" to his bus driver, I thought she was going to cry, he is also feeling better today. Emily is being bossy as usual and is sleeping in today. On a side note, since we got a flat screen, when the show is done she gets up and claps, cute. Melody is helping me out a ton lately, bringing diapers and wipes for Tobey and even asked me if he got his meds.

It really amazes me how the girls just love the boys and how they understand about their needs. I remember how we could not afford school pictures because Tobey had to start a new medication. And we made this bowling trip and had to turn around and go home because the strobe lights put the boys into breakdowns. At the last family meeting Ed told them how great they are about that, and they really didn't seem to notice that they were doing it, they just love the boys unconditionally and that is all they know, how great is that? I know that they will grow up to be compassionate people.

Well that is ti for today, I have a ton of housework to do before the Tobey is here. By the way Karen thanks again!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all have been busy! When we remodeled the bathroom we had to search all over for what we needed too! But we did find that the Builders's Store on Mishawaka Ave had everything that we needed- of course this is after we had been everywhere in town! Good luck and I will have to come and see all the work real soon!

    ReplyDelete