Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kate Sullivan

I would like to tell you about an amazing person in our life, her name is Kate Sullivan and she is Tobey's teacher and has been for a year and a half. Now she is paid to teach my son(I am sure not enough) but she is not paid to love him and to help us take this walk with him.

At Tobey's last IEP meeting we started off the meeting with her saying that we were there to celebrate the man of the hour Tobey Jude. Now if you want me to love you....love my Tobey Jude, don't feel sorry for him, see the awesomeness that is him. And she does, she helped us take a very difficult step in his education and had us laughing during it. When Tobey made a huge art project for Christmas she drove it to our house. When we mentioned that Tobey is hard to control, she offered to come to our home to see what we can do to improve our schedule for him. When I need to talk about Tobey, she will meet me at the Chocolate Cafe'. Today he got sick and knowing that Ed is at work, she got him home. I am so blessed to have her in our life and will miss her tremendously when Tobey has a new teacher next year.

It is really amazing how God puts the right people in our lives when we need them, I am utterly thankful that she is Tobey's teacher.

I have been busy as usual, we enjoyed a wonderful holiday with the kids and even got quality time with my husband. We had a at home date night on Saturday complete with surf and turf and then a movie, with some time to talk, even. Not about kids, but about the love we have shared for 15 years, the joys and sorrows and our dreams for the future, both as a family and alone. Ed has been working so much lately, it was great to just reconnect. It amazes me how we become closer all the time.

On Sunday, we took 7 kids to Build A Bear, pure CHAOS!!! I mean serious lines and a ton of stress with a large family. On the bright side the kids loved it, and we will do it again, next year!

Well that is all today, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment