Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Turning 34....

I have been dreading turning 34 for 22 years. My Mom died at 34, and it seems to me like I have been on this countdown to reach that age. I remember when she died, everyone kept saying how young she was. Me in my 12 year old mind had no idea what they were talking about...I mean gosh, she was in her mid-thirties! And now, that I am less than 2 months from that dreaded age, I realize just how young she really was. And I see how much that she missed out on with her kids and the grand kids that she never got to meet.

I think that I was setting myself up for failure, to reach this self profiling prophecy to not live past 34. I am not good about going to the Dr., I live on pop and stuff I shouldn't eat. I guess that I was trying to fit in as much as I could in 34 years, I think that is also why I has such a large family in such a short time.

So, I have made a decision that I am going on a diet and attempt to do some exercise. I may even make a Dr. appointment, even though I am deathly afraid of them. So, wish me luck!!!

All of the school age kids actually made it to school today!!! I am really going to miss my time with Emily and Melody only, they are such great little girls. Tobey and Edwin were both in great moods today so I am in hopes of an easy night with them.

We got some news from Tobey's Dr. that we are simply going to have to move, his lead is simply not going to go down no matter what we try to do to this house. There is just no way to make this house totally safe for him. So, we are going to try to move over the summer. I am really not looking forward to this, I have been happy here and the kids are settled for the first time in their life. I am also not looking forward to all the work that is involved with moving, and messing up the boys schedules. But, what are you going to do? You have to do what you can to make your kids safe.

Well, I hope everyone has a great one even though it is so messy out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment