Thursday, May 20, 2010

An Autism week....

If Edwin and Tobey are both having a bad day, we call it a 'tism day. We have now come to the conclusions that it is an Autism week. I am used to the quirks, and the "normal" things that make them who they are. But, both boys did something last night that was just absolutely chilling.

Eddie woke up at 2:oo am this morning to hear Tobey just laughing hysterically. There was nothing in sight to make him laugh, no music on, not even a toy in his hand. When Tobey does that it means that he has slipped back into his little "world" and is starting to slip again. I absolutely refuse to let him go back there, he stays here! I am praying that this again is just a med problem, but it is scary.

Edwin got very mad about Alison trying to help him wash his face and looked at me and said " I want to kill myself", I know in my heart that this is something that he has heard this somewhere, but as a parent you never want to hear those words come out of your child's mouth...whether they know what they are saying or not. So, I am waiting by the phone for the Dr. to call.

I know that I am dealing with a mental illness, most of the time I am trying to always look at the positive side of Autism, which there are some. Some days are just harder than others and I am hoping that today will be a good one.

So here is a cute story about Edwin. Tuesday, Edwin was on the computer playing a game and he had his character flying. This surprised me because the rest of the kids that play this game have never made their character fly. I sat down next to him watching his fingers fly over the keys (he doesn't even have to look at them) and said "Edwin, how is he flying?". He looked down at the floor in embarrassment that I am related to him and said, " He is not a real person!!!". This kid must really think that I am an idiot, to be honest when it comes to computers compared to him....I am!

Emily has decided that one day is not enough time to devote to celebrating her, she reminds me daily that it was her birthday and that we should have cupcakes again. I am going to give her tomorrow to have one last hurrah and then I am cutting her off. I will not make anymore cupcakes though.

Well, that is all for today...I hope that you have a good one and thank God the weekend is almost here and I can have my husband home!

No comments:

Post a Comment