Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, Monday....

Summer break is almost here, and I am so looking forward to sleeping in 'til 7:30!!! The kids have a lot planned in their mind, all the activities that they want to do. I am in hopes that we can accomplish at least half of them. Unfortunately, we have a ton of changes going on...so I will do my best. Eddie's promotion is a huge blessing, but they don't give you the money for doing nothing...you actually have to do more work and have more responsibilities! They didn't tell us that...haha.

The move is kinda weighing on me.The house that I was in hopes of didn't pan out. With the list of things that we need for not only the boys' needs but also the needs for a larger family we must expand our search. So we are checking out neighboring towns. I have no real desire to leave the area, but you gotta do what you gotta do. We will simply have to put more money towards our gas budget.

So, I have missed out on doing some movie reviews, and we seen some good ones lately. If you haven't noticed all my reviews are on DVD, we have not been to a theatre in years. We are in hopes of a drive-in this summer...we'll see. So, the first movie is The Lovely Bones. I really wanted to see this and I wanted to preview it for Lena to see if it was appropriate for her. It is a story about a young girl in the 70's that was murdered and she comes to Earth in spirit form to help catch her killer. Now, I know your thinking it is like every show on CBS on Friday and really sounds like a bummer. Ed and I had to make ourselves watch it because who wants to see a child killed. But, they did not "show" the murder really and their was a whole spiritual aspect to it. It was defiantly worth $20 bucks, as Eddie would say it's a buy not a rent.

We finally watched Avatar, I think that we were the last 2 people on Earth who hadn't seen it yet...so I will not bore you with a review. I liked it more that I thought I would considering I don't like sci-fi and I thought that the storyline simply sounded stupid. It took me a while to wrap my rational mind around those blue "people" and I am now depressed because our world is not as beautiful as theirs...haha.

So here is some news on the kids. Getting bored with "cheese touch" they have now started playing "pink belly" they don't hurt each other, as you would think the name insinuates, it is kinda a tickling, running, screaming game. I can look at it as my kids are very creative and I am nurturing that side of them...or I can realize that I probably need to buy some more family games...probably,the latter.

Last night after we settled the kids down Eddie and I watched this spooky show on the Travel channel about haunted homes and ghosts. When all of a sudden I heard this really odd noise from the fireplace. Now since our TV is mounted above the fireplace and we have surround sound we couldn't figure out if the noise was actually from the fireplace or the TV. And them out came 2 black birds flying out. Normally I don't get freaked out by this kind of stuff but currently watching Ghost Hunter's it was a little scary. I sat on the couch and screamed like a girl in hopes that one of our cats would kill them or somehow Eddie would catch both without any assistance. After about 2 minutes and coming to the realization that Eddie is not a professional bird catcher and my cats are worthless at times. I bravely put on an oven mitt and caught one screaming my head off the whole time. Eddie caught the other one and they both flew off to safety. My cats just sat there and we managed to wake up kids with the commotion.

Since Friday is the last day of school it is time for our annual Ice cream dinner. The kids just love this and will talk about it the whole year. I will manage to put some fruit in their sundaes so it won't be void of all nutrition. We try to have a couple of these odd dinner's a few times a year, just helps to break things up. On December 14th, every year we watch A Christmas Story and I make meatloaf, mashed potatoes and red cabbage(which always turns a weird purple blue color) and we eat with no utensils. Kids really love this stuff even though I am not sure I am teaching the best habits.

Well, that is all for today! Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment