Thursday, May 13, 2010

Emily Frances.....

Today, I am going to tell you about Emily Frances. Since she will be 4 on Monday, I thought it is only appropriate to devote a blog to her. I remember when I found out I was having her and I was terrified, I literally had a hole in my stomach from some health problems with having Tobey Jude, and was told with a history of miscarriages and getting over gangrene that I probably wouldn't be able to carry her to term. The Dr.'s obviously didn't know how stubborn she is.



Out of all 7 kids there has never been one like Emily. She is super smart and loves to call Melody "sissy", there are days that she loves Edwin to death and then yesterday she asked me if he could move out. She LOVES to help me in the kitchen, her favorite things to are stirring batter and putting salt and pepper on veggies. She names all her hairstyles...if it is in a bun...Tinkerbell, 2 ponytails up top....Abby Cadabby. Before she gave "sissy" a haircut she also told me how to do her hair. She has never given up on Tobey, she taught him how to play ring around the rosy, and she has never really looked at him like he is different or odd. When Tobey won't answer her, she just goes onto something else. For reasons beyond my comprehension, she really gets along with Edwin....that one stumps me. He generally would rather us just leave him alone, but Emily he loves! When Eddie gets home from work, she runs up to him and kisses him...but she refuses to talk to him on the phone.



I named her Emily Frances because I love the Wizard of Oz, and running out of girls names I thought it would be cool if my grand kids has an "Auntie Em". I got Frances from my beloved Grandmother, who was just as stubborn as Emily is!

I do have to admit though out of the whole crew, she may probably be my biggest challenge. I know what you are thinking...What?!? The boys have to have that title, not true! I have books on how to raise them, I have them figured out. But, Emily...oh Emily she throws something new at me daily! Her creativity, sense of humor, her joy and that amazing spirit are a thing to behold!
I absolutely adore this little surprise that God has given me, and I look forward to raising her, stubbornness and all. Now, in 9 years when she is a teen, I will probably have to be committed...until then I will enjoy the ride!!

Happy Birthday (in 4 days) my Emily Frances! I love you!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment