Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Working Mama....

Well, we got through yet another weekend. And thank God I was able to scale back some hours this week so I actually have time to now breathe and pack for vacation!!!! This whole working Mom thing is hard. You never feel like you are doing enough for everybody. You are never 100% for everyone...if you are at work you are thinking about the kids, if you are at home you are thinking about work. Sometimes when people hear that I have a large family, they are surprised that I work...sometimes I feel like I have something to prove...that yes, I can do it all!!! But, the truth is there are days that it takes all I can to just get out of bed. Especially Mondays, they are the worst. Well enough about that.... the kids are doing great. Lena the now 14 year old is very excited about going on vacation, Alison is doing well but still struggling with making friends, Edwin will be 10 tomorrow, Olivia is doing great intestine wise...if you know what I am saying. Tobey is my still talking dude, he even talked to me on the phone the other day! Emily and Melody are currently curled up with their Dad watching cartoons. Eddie and I had a "winning" week (that will be my one and only Charlie Sheen reference, your welcome). Eddie won a caption contest on the Funny or Die website and got some Will Ferrell shirt and I won a Nintendo DSI from a girl scout raffle! How cool is that? I didn't tell the kids about the DSI, they will find it in the box that I made for vacation with all the puzzles, games and coloring stuff. So, that is all today! I hope you have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment