Thursday, January 12, 2012

Plymouth VS. South Bend and Edwin the Christian....

Yesterday I had a ton of errands to do in South Bend, I had to force Eddie to take a day off of work so I could have time to get everything done without hauling a 4 year old and dealing with the insane school schedule. And as I was driving around South Bend I realized how much I miss the place. I miss shopping at my favorite stores and seeing people I know while I am shopping. I miss the restaurants! Oh my gosh, I think there is like 10 here!!! I had 10 within walking distance before. I miss the excitement of something always happening. Here, it's Blueberry Fest and school events....the town seems to shut down at 9.

But, as far as the pros for Plymouth...those amazing schools and "Annie". "Annie" is a special needs adult that walks my block all the time. She is very sweet and talkative. She uses a cane, and walks in any weather. When she sees me coming in the Durango she braces herself against the nearest garage. (For the record, I have never hit her.....). But the cool thing about all of this, is she can walk the whole area. Her Mom does not have to worry, everyone knows her name. She is safe and I want that for Tobey. I want him to be that guy in the town that everyone knows, says "Hi" to. The guy from A Dog Named Christmas BEFORE the Shameless fiasco.

So, this weekend is the dreaded Chuck E. Cheese party (insert Mozart's requiem). I am ready for all the family and the cakes have been ordered. I decided to reserve a table and have the actual party. At first, I was not sure about paying for the party. It is a little cheaper to throw some coins at the kids. But, now I am glad I did. We will have a table up front for 2 hours, our own hostess, the clean up everything, and the birthday kids get balloons, crowns, cups, a metal and the ticket blaster! The ticket blaster looks like so cool (it reminds me of the Grab that Dough episode from Golden Girls), I am not sure if Tobey will dig it but we can go in with him if we want. Eddie would like to see if he can just keep playing in there so we don't have to chase the boy everywhere! I think there is a one minute limit.....sorry Eddie. I do want to give some props to Chuck E. Cheese, they are bending over backwards for us. I went in and explained to them about Tobey to give the hostess a heads up that Tobey doesn't talk, to avoid the inevitable question of how old he is. And the General Manager met with me and offered to get me a hostess that would be great with the boy, and he will personally see that Tobey has anything he needs. Very nice and yes....I used the card.

Edwin at this rate may end up becoming a Pastor. The boy is about everything Jesus. The other day he made a cross in my dining room out of boxes and pretended he was Jesus being crucified. It was VERY dramatic....then he asked us about his capabilities to walk on water. Everyday he gets home and reads the Bible and acts out the story...if you want to know about what happened to the back of his hair see the story about Samson. I did however use it to my advantage and told him Jesus wants him to eat his veggies and the boy ate a green bean!!!! Probably not my best parenting, I will live with it if the boy will eat green stuff.

Edwin has developed a bad habit however, he has been calling 911 a lot lately. If I make him wash his hair, he calls them. If I make him eat something he doesn't like...911. If he is mad because he can't go on the computer? You guessed it 911. He called this morning before school because he is having a sitter tomorrow. For the record they simply call me back to make sure they are not needed. I am sure that the neighbor's appreciate us not blocking off Michigan Street with emergency personnel because Edwin does not like the shampoo fragrance. So, I am either going to put the fear of God in him for calling them all the time OR I am taking him to the Police Station to see if they can explain why eating mashed potatoes is not a real emergency. We will probably go to the station, Edwin is tight with Jesus and I don't want trouble...haha.

So, we are supposed to be getting a big storm. I never used to take those seriously, but after the blizzard of 2011...I take it seriously. Last year when we got snowed in we had plenty of food, but I ran out of Coke. It was scary and nearly did me in. And I know my husband loves me because that man walked through all of that storm to get my precious beverage. I am going to head to the store tonight so that man won't have to go through that again.

Well, I suppose I should do housework or something like that..see you around!

Note, a name has been changed in this blog to prevent her Mother from killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment