Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Mr. Tobey Jude!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, my baby boy is 7. I don't want to believe it, but I have to. My little boy is growing up!

I honestly don't know what to write that I haven't already said. So, I guess I will write a letter to my Tobey and read it to him when he can sit still for 10 minutes (Sophomore year, maybe?).

Dear Tobey Jude,

You, sweet boy came into my world 7 years ago today and changed my world. Words cannot describe what you mean to me. But the thing about you and me is we don't really need words with each other. All I need to start my day off right is to hold you as you wake up, and that smile that you give me very morning as I play with your hair....and you just want to go back to sleep. And then how within 2 minutes later you are running around the house chasing the dog, while Lena and I try to figure out how to catch you and get you dressed.

With you, nothing is EVER boring. You amaze me when you defy the odds, you make me laugh when you want me to chase you and tickle you, you frustrate me to no end when you take the labels off of things and you make me cry when you are having one of those darn Autistic days.

When I had you after a extremely tough pregnancy, I kept telling your Dad that you had better be perfect. And you are perfect, because even though life can be challenging every day with you. And even though there are still times that I see those "normal" kids and I wonder what life would be like. I would chose you EVERY time. I would take the toughest days with you over the easiest days with a "normal" kid anytime.

I am the person I am because you are my son, you have taught me patience and unconditional love. You have taught me the true meaning of motherhood. You, Mr. Tobey Jude are my heart...thank you for being my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment