Wednesday, January 18, 2012

No Butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I did it....I made a dinner without butter or margarine. We had steak (Walmart had the thin cut steak on sale), roasted red and yellow potatoes with Mrs. Dash, a salad and broccoli with no salt and again used Mrs. Dash. Emily did not like how spicy it was.... I came to the conclusion that I am a good cook because I use butter and all that crap you shouldn't eat, that is how you make food taste good. So, I am going to have to be more creative. I did have 2 Cokes yesterday, I am not a failure though! I have simply decided to not go cold turkey with it. I have enough headaches with 7 kids.

The kids after school snack will be oranges, and for dinner tonight we will have Pizza. Olivia and Emily's school is having a fundraiser at Little Ceaser's, and the mascot will be there. So, we just HAVE to go....

I found a great website with not only great menus with healthy food, but tips on budgeting, cleaning and fun things to do with the holidays. So, I think I am going to start using their recipes first.

You can find it here.
Really neat site, may end up being my new best friend.

Link
Last night there was nothing on TV, I mean nada. So because of our glorious Comcast cable (let's see if they comment again) we thought we might find something on Demand. I like independent films, so there on Showtime was a movie named Rubber. Here is what the description of the movie says, word for word.

Obsessed with a mystery woman, an old tire named Robert discovers his destructive telekinetic abilities (including a talent for making human heads explode if he's irked) and deploys his talents in a small California town.

Of all the things that you could do in this world, why would you donate 82 minutes of your life to this?

The other day, on Showtime again we watched one of those old school scare films. Eddie and I usually love watching these things and providing or own commentary. But, this one was worse than usual. Honestly they are all bad, but this one took the cake. It was called Reefer Madness 1936. Here for your reading pleasure, is the scrolling script that this amazing (sarcasm) film started out with....you may pee your pants.



Foreword

The motion picture you are about to witness
may startle you.

It would not have been possible, otherwise, to
sufficiently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace
which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers.

Marihuana (their spelling) is that drug
----a violent narcotic---
an unspeakable scourge
The real public enemy Number One!!!

It's first effect is sudden violent, uncontrollable laughter:then comes
dangerous hallucinations-- space expands- time slows down, almost
stands still...fixed ideas come next, conjuring up monstrous extravagances
--followed by emotional disturbances, the total inability to direct thoughts, the loss of all power
to resist physical emotions...leading finally to acts of shocking violence...
ending ofter in incurable insanity (this is where I had uncontrollable laughter)

In picturing it's soul destroying (whoa...) effects no attempt was made to equivocate.
The scenes and incidents, while fictionized for the purposes of this story, are based upon actual
research into the results of Marihuana addiction.

If their stark reality will make you think, will make you aware, that something
must be done to wipe out this ghastly menace, then the picture
will not have failed in its purpose....

Because the dread Marihuana (maybe that is how you spell it...) may be reaching
the forth next for your son or daughter
or yours....or YOURS!!!



Now, I have never done pot in my life but after this film, I feel like I may have missed out on something....kidding. I do think that when I have the next talk with the kids about drugs I will tell them that if they ever do drugs I will make them watch this film in it's entirety. There, problem solved!

Well, I am officially sick of typing, see you later!




No comments:

Post a Comment