Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What a day!!!!!

Banner day for the Holstein's! First off Tobey's lead came down 5 points! Officially taking him out of the brain damage level for lead poisoning.....what a relief. If he can come down that level again in the next 3 months we will be done with the lead chapter in our lives, which is one chapter I want to close.

And we had our date night for the year! Which was a blast and I know that we should have more than 1 date night a year, but it is not the easiest thing for us to schedule. So here are all the details on our date... We met up with my Dad and girlfriend at the Emporium where Eddie had steak and I had this wild chicken and mushrooms (I didn't like mine much) and after a civilized dinner (nothing was spilled), we headed over to the show. We spent like 15 minutes trying to park without spending 8 bucks, and then walked 2 blocks to the Morris.

There was a ton of people that we knew there and most were in our section! We had not so great seats so moved to better ones when the show started, not sure if that is legal but everyone else did it.

Finally, Micky entered the stage! I nearly jumped out of my seat. There he was the guy that I used to watch on that show with my Mom when I was a little kid. I loved watching the old footage, Peter was fun....Davy however annoyed me for some reason. I don't know why...just not a fan. The most shocking part was when Micky's hat fell off while drumming and I seen how bald the dude was. I am talking bald, people.

The line of the night was said by Micky, he was talking about a party being thrown for them by the royal family (not the queen, The Beatles) and he said "I was told that I had a good time!" , funny! I have to say this I don't know how old they are, this was the 45th anniversary for them. But their energy was amazing, and the show was over 2 hours with no intermission. I have been a fan for a long time, and I didn't even know they had over 2 hours worth of music.

After the show we got some ice cream and I thought it would be fun to go to the first place that we had our first kiss. We decided against it, I was slightly worried that we may have ended up in a position where we would have to go to Granger Church (get it Sam!) so we ate our treats in the driveway.

So, 15 years ago today I married the love of my life.... best decision I have ever made. This next part will get mushy if you want to skip over I understand. In 15 years Eddie we have had 7 kids, 6 miscarriages, 4 dogs, probably 20 cats, burnt dinners, amazing Christmases, a house fire, our hearts broken, and our faith restored. We have gotten thought things that would take down other couples, and still in love and laughing at the end of it. There has still never been a day that I don't look at the clock and figure out how long until you will be home from work, there has never been a place that I would rather be then in your arms. I still can't wait to tell you my good news of the day, and when it is a bad one...you are the first one there with your shoulder for me to cry on. I can not imagine myself with anyone else, your smile and your humor sustain me. Thank you for marrying me and making me the luckiest woman in the world, am ready for 50 more...years, not kids.

Now that I have finished my job at Hallmark....I have such exciting things to do. Today I am going to clean the bathrooms and get the laundry monster tamed. I hope that your day is just as exciting, have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment