Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Father's Day Eddie!

Lately I have been going to the Walmart by our house and every time I seem to get this cashier, or I see her in the store doing some odd job. And for some strange reason she has a a slight obsession with our family. I am not sure if it the size of it or if it is the Autism factor. She makes this point to ask about all the kids and asks tons of random questions.

Well, a few weeks ago she asked me if I had a husband since it is always just me and the kids in there. At the time it seemed kind of odd. I have 7 kids, I better have a husband I joked to her. And she told me that she meant to say....did he stick around? I was a little dumbfounded.

The more I thought about it though. Not every father sticks around, even with 1 kid and no disabilities, not every father thinks he is up to the challenge of being a real man.

And I realized how truly lucky I am that not only did Eddie stick around, but he has done a great job at being a Dad. He plays games with them, gets them interested in sports, makes them homemade popcorn, has in depth talks with them, blasts music when they are doing chores, cooks the meals when I work, and he is the brave one who takes them out to eat and to community things by himself! I don't do that, are you kidding me?

If you know Eddie, he is the fun parent. I have no desire to do the Cha Cha slide before bedtime, or go get ice cream at the weirdest times.

Eddie is also the one who has brought our family to God, and is helping to turn our children into Christ followers, and for that I eternally grateful.

I don't always show it Eddie, but to me you are the most amazing man I know. Your humor has gotten me through so much, your patience is that of a saint and your heart is gold. Thank you for not only being my husband of nearly 15 years but for being the greatest Dad I know to our 7 kids. I wish there was bigger words than "I love you", but for now that is the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment