Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Yet another club....

I know, I know I may be the worst blogger on Earth. I thought for sure when I became one of those stay at home Mom's I would get better. I am here to admit I have failed you, I apologize.

So, here is the latest on Edwin. Last Thursday we took him to a Psychiatrist, and they believe that he is in need of services (ya think?), so he will be admitted as an out-patient and FINALLY we will get somewhere on the whole hearing voices problem. And then we went to his Pediatrician that afternoon because of the pain the kid is at night. The Dr, sent us over to the hospital for bloodwork, Xrays and an EKG. On Friday we got some of the results and we were told that one part of his heart is working a little harder and some of his levels were a little off. We were given 3 possibilities of things that could be wrong...Rheumatic Fever, Lupus and Arthritis and as crazy as this sounds I was hoping for the fever thing. Because out of the options that is the only one that is not Chronic even though it sounds a little 3rd world. And then yesterday we were told that he has Juvenile Arthritis, that is chronic...you never get rid of it.

The next step is we go to Riley in the very near future and get the "officail" diagnosis and start treatments so the little dude can be in a little less pain. We also have to stop him from plying baseball (he will be the assitant Coach) and change a few other things for him. He also has to have some weird eye exam that looks behind the eye and gives

As for what caused this I have no idea...in the back of my mind I worry that it may be from all the medications that he has been on with the 'tism. One thing that we keep being asked about is when we had strep a couple of months ago, and they are testing him for strep right now. So, they must see a link, but I have no idea. It seemed like Edwin started having a ton of problems start within 2 weeks. Everyting from hearing things, excessive mood problems and a ton of pain.

1 comment:

  1. GOOD NEWS! Edwin has what they are calling Post-Strep Arthritis! Essentially, when we all got Strep earlier this year, he did not show any symptoms. But apparently he did get it. And, somehow, the strep antibodies are causing him to have arthritis in his joints.
    The good news is, this is not permanent! Woo HOO!

    ReplyDelete