Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Edwin, Easter "Twinkle Ears" Holstein and NOOOO, not my back!!!!

We have had a lot going on around here. So first I will tell you about the boy Edwin. We went to the cardiologist last Tuesday and he has 2 leaky valves, they are putting him on blood pressure meds to help his heart slow down so it can heal. And then on Friday we left at 5:30 (I know!) in the morning to go to Riley, so we could rule out Rheumatoid Arthritis. I now know that when a Dr. says they want to rule out something they actually mean that they are pretty sure he has it. They put him on steroids and as Edwin says "I am walking like a new man!". We go back in 2 months for the final word, but they are pretty sure he has it. However, we found out it is not the end of the world, he can go on to living a normal life that can even include sports and guitar lessons. And as soon as we get him straightened around with all of his issues and we spend some quality time with our other 6 kids, we will get him back in all of his activities.

And now onto our newest family member...we got the bunny!!!! We are in LOVE with this little thing! So far the dog and our obese cat seem to like the bunny. Our cat Butterscotch wants to kill it. So we have to put her in the kitchen when we give the bunny free reign. Let me tell you now, there is nothing cuter than seeing a bunny hop on our dog and race around the dining room. She is also super smart and well on her way to being potty trained!

And now the freaking back! We were on our way home from a wedding and Eddie hit this bump, and all I felt was pain. I immediately went to bed after taking every pill that I thought would help. On Sunday it took me nearly an hour to get to the point of walking, and then between Church and being a Team Mom for Challenger, I was near tears by Sunday night. So, Monday after the 6 got off to school I went to the ER. And those people medicated me to the point of stupor. I felt no pain, I did not know what day it was....I felt great! And then I started throwing up everywhere...the car, the yard, my poor friends Sarah's (sorry Sarah!). It was horrible! So today I am on fun meds, and feeling sore but better. So, on the first week in a month that Edwin does not have any appointments, I now will have them because I ruptured a disc...fun.


Note, I just found this blog and I drafted it instead of publishing it....whoops! Probably does a better job of explaining why the dude has been so busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment