Monday, April 9, 2012

Edwin and the ladies.....

Edwin has become quite the ladies man....today I picked him up from the Boys and Girls Club and the volunteer receptionist (an adorable 17 year old blonde) proudly showed me a ring on her finger that she got from Edwin! The boy had used his Easter money to buy a gift for a cute blonde! He is also loved by the Director of the club who wants to mentor him this summer, he has made quite the impression!

The other day Edwin got off the bus and his Driver (who loves him also) told me to ask him about Gwen. So as he was eating his snack I asked him and he immediately got this huge smile on his face. Come to find out Gwen had kicked her aid in the face and Edwin thought this was the funniest thing he has ever seen! Now if you have never talked to Edwin he speaks in a monotone voice with almost "forced" emotion. But when it came to telling me about Gwen, this boy cracked up! I am talking tears coming down the face, slapping his hand on the counter while almost hyperventilating. He e went into extreme detail telling about how the Driver had to call the Mom, the aide's glasses falling off and then showing me the looks on every ones faces! Now, I feel bad about the aid...I really do! But seeing how Edwin told the story I probably made him tell it to me 7 or 8 times! And every time the beginning line was "Gwen, she is a nasty girl....she kicked her aid in the face!"

Edwin is such a tough kid to figure out...we go from him being the smartest (not an exaggeration) kid I know to being this holy terror that I don't recognize. Today he was giving me hugs at 2:30 and then at 2:50 he smacked me in the head as I was driving....the boy is a mystery. If I could just figure him out I would be a billionaire!




No comments:

Post a Comment