Thursday, February 2, 2012

Our cat Tiger...

A week after the house fire in 2008, we were offered a handicapped cat. Me being a sucker for a pet with a story was thrilled to welcome an 11 year old black and white cat named Tiger with one eye, arthritis and an attitude (or cattitude, remember that Eddie?). Now my husband on the other hand was not nearly as thrilled.

Tiger is the fattest, laziest cat I have ever seen. He weighs around 21 pounds and usually only bugs us if the food dish is empty and once a week he allows us to love him up. Just the other day, I thought he was going to fall over and come to find out that is how he lays down. He just kinda leans and then flops with a solid thud to the floor.

He has been to the vet and at this point there is no reason to change his diet or try to help him lose weight. The change could actually kill the big guy. So, we just let Tiger be his fat and happy self.

Sometimes we do make fun of him... Eddie does this voice of him demanding food. When he flops down you can kind of give him a little spin, because he can't really run away form you. But the ongoing joke in our him is he is going to end up needing one of those scooter things. We don't know if they make them for pets (some one probably does, somewhere). But we would imagine that when it backs up, instead of beeping it would do this really loud "Meow". And, in my mind it would have a few bumper stickers. One would say something about we need to stop with the spaying and neutering (like a pro-life theme), another asking for support for the ASPCA, and then Tiger would have a fish emblem. Not because Tiger is religious mind you, he likes fish.

Yesterday I bought one of those perpetual feeders for the cats. Not because Tiger is underfed, but to be honest I am not sure if our other cat is getting fed at all. Tiger is so appreciative of the new purchase that he jumped up on my lap (no small feat, people) and loved me up. He then promptly decided to camp out in the kitchen.

And for the record, my husband will probably not only kill me for this AND have to turn in his man card. But he really does love that cat, even though he acts like he hates him. I see you petting him Eddie, when you don't think I'm looking.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not petting him...I'm making sure there is still only one cat there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete