Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

This marks the 16th year of spending Valentine's day with the love of my life. We had to celebrate early this year because we both have to work today.

As you know we had a little party with the kids on Friday. But on Saturday, Eddie took me out on a date. I have been dying to go to this Irish Inn down the road for dinner, and we finally made it. It was very nice...piano music playing and so quiet. Very relaxing. We both got the steak which if you ever get to Ev and Jayne's I highly recommend. I honestly didn't feel like making a second trip to South Bend, so we cruised Plymouth looking for something fun. Come to find out the only things to do in Plymouth is shop at Wal-mart or Kmart, or you could change it up and go to Kroger's. We finally settled on going to the bowling alley (how romantic).

So guess what I found out at the bowling alley? I both suck at bowling and I don't particularly enjoy it. My final score was 35, and to be honest I am surprised I even did that well. Maybe I would have liked it more if I was coordinated enough to get a strike or spare....I am not. I haven't been bowling since High school..and I now plan on waiting another 17 years before I go again.

Edwin started guitar lessons last night and he did pretty good. His teacher has lizards and snakes and now of course the dude wants one. I will have to think on that one. His teacher did say that Edwin has an ear for music, and was somewhat shocked when he was told that Edwin likes the Beatles. We explained that it is a requirement in our home to love them. In addition to practicing everyday, he has to use a stress ball to work on his hand strength..thank you Autism for your low tone muscles (haha).

We started new chore charts yesterday for the kids and the are loving them! I have decided now that all of my children are odd balls. I think they like checking everything off the list. All the kids finished everything on their charts, the hubby did not. He is now grounded....

I had a big moment of pride of yesterday for my kiddos. I picked them up from the Boys and Girls Club and a little girl in a wheelchair didn't want them to go because she had such a great time playing with them. My kids treated her no differently than any other kid, love.... When the kids left, she told them to run for her, how neat is that? There are times as a parent that you don't know if you are doing anything right, and then you see that.

I think that is all I have for today, I will see you later!

1 comment: