Friday, August 12, 2011

So, Plymouth smells like Pickles....FACT

Hello world, I have no Internet at my house yet, so I am doing this while working......The move has been interesting, to say the least. I know that we are not living in the desert or anything but this has been a little bit of a culture shock. So here is some things about Plymouth.....

Yes, my readers it does smell like pickles, there is a pickle plant behind Krogers.
There is only one Starbucks which seems insane.
The town essentially dies at 9:30 pm. Krogers and Walmart are the only things open I think.
There is only 7 schools in the town and my kids are in 5 of them...God help me!
Even thought we live in town it seems rural to me, I told Eddie I should get a cow!

I miss my South Bend so much, I tell Eddie that we need to head into the big city! that being said I can't stay away from South Bend for more than 48 hours without going through withdrawal. I am so thankful that we were able to find a big house and in a safe area and that takes pets, but my heart is in South Bend and I get this excitement when I know I get to go to South Bend that day.

Ok, so on to the kids which I know is why you are reading this. Haha

Lena is very excited about going to a new school where she gets to bring a laptop home for the year. And even though she got the smallest bedroom she is LOVING having her own room, finally.

Alison is loving having friends 3 houses away, I am sure that she is driving them nuts though!

Edwin has been a handful. The boy has decided to try elopement again and tried to jump out of the upstairs bedroom. I caught him in time, but now he has to be in my sight unless he is sleeping and he hates that.

Olivia who is also thrilled about having friends down the road is so excited that the owner planted a garden, she is so in her element picking vegetables and seeing how things are growing.

Tobey Jude, this has been very rough for him. First off he started the move very sick. Which I am to blame. I have to keep such a close eye on his temperature and fluid intake and because I was so focused on moving he got very sick, very quickly. He also has had a fever and his allergies are acting up so he is not my active dude yet, which breaks my heart. He is still not a 100% yet, so we just keep watching his every move.

Emily Frances who is loving her new house but the excitement of starting school trumps everything! I have never seen a kid so excited about school in my life! Love it.

And Melody is doing well, she has decided that Icee Pop is her dog now, and enjoys introducing the dog that way to everyone that comes over.

So, that is all on news for now....I will be back on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment