Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eddie's other Wives...

As you know our daughter Emily believes with her whole heart that she is the love of her Daddy's life. She brushes his hair, helps make his meals and I have even seen her tuck him in after working the over night shift.

But, Eddie has another wife now. I suppose I should have known this was coming....I go to work now,I don't cook as much as I used to. I am not here to lovingly fold his underwear, or to help his man ego. So,Eddie decided to move on to another wife.

Her name? It is CJ, I count her as one of my dearest friends...and I couldn't ask for a better sister wife. Twice a week she is supposed to come and help me out with housework because of our jobs. But she does so much more than that. She will make the kids lunch, do laundry, organize my closets, hug me when I am crying,give me advice on Tobey, tell me resources for the kids. One day when Eddie and I were having a fight (yes, we do fight) she was our marriage counselor. My kids are calling her Mom number 2, to me she is the sister I never had.

I always have people asking me how we do it all.. I answer that it is the grace of God. God sent us CJ,and I am so thankful.

CJ is my inspiration....she is raising 2 kids with special needs and does it with a grace that I aspire to. She has the guts that I wish I had ( I am working on this). She took a lot on when she said that she would help us out and for that I will always be thankful.

Thank you CJ, for all that you do and for being insane enough to call us your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment