Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter with the Holstein's

Last year at Easter we found out about the lead poisoning...this year we are in a safe home and I have the weekend off so this year is going to ROCK!!!!

On Saturday we are going to color eggs with the kids and then I am going to do a craft with some of them while Eddie takes Olivia to dance and Lena and her main man Mac roller skating. We will probably watch Prince of Egypt with the kids and then make another attempt to watch Passion of the Christ with Lena.I say attempt because Lena could not concentrate on the movie because the guy playing Jesus was hot according to Lena....ahhh, a life with a teenage girl.

Speaking of Passion of the Christ...Eddie was watching it the other day and Emily walked downstairs and saw what he was watching. It was the part where Jesus had been beaten but he had not been put on the cross yet. So, here is the conversation that Eddie had with our 4 year old.

Emily---Why are there so many scratches on that guy?
Eddie---Because they beat him?
Emily--- Well,what did he do wrong?
Eddie---Nothing Emily, that is Jesus. He didn't do anything wrong, he only helped people.
Emily---But why did they hurt him?
Eddie--- I can't tell you why Emily, But I can tell you that he did it for you Emily.
Emily---Really? That is neat.

So, just for the record Emily the 4 year old gets it....Lena will probably still think he is hot. How are they by the same parents?

Last year I got all the girls matching outfits for Easter Sunday....this year that was nearly impossible. Melody wears a size 3 toddler and Lena is now in a size 7 in juniors. So the oldest 3 girls have matching dresses and Emily and Melody have matching dresses. The boys are going to have matching shirts, they hated me last year for their outfits.

Last year I went through the huge expense of making the baskets, and this year I bought them pre-made. We are also going to have dinner at home,which will be a ton cheaper then going to Tippecanoe Place.

We are going to have several people over this year. Eddie's parents are coming this year, his brother with his family and his sister with her family. I have no idea what size of ham to get. I love to cook, so I am really looking forward to it. Besides the obvious stuff we are going to have my killer mac and cheese. No, that is not just a cute title. I do believe that if you eat this stuff very often it could actually kill you. It has 5 different cheeses, sour cream, whole cream and a half a pound of butter. Not healthy...but honestly once someone cried when they ate it and describes it as simply "love in a pan". It is awesome....hopefully no one has a heart attack!

So, that is all for today my friends....have a great day and Happy Easter. Oh, by the way our Church is having 3 early services on Sunday, you should all be there.....Google Living Stones Church for the info (I am not great with the linky thing), besides learning the true meaning of Easter you will also get to see Lena in a dress. She is threatening to run away if I keep making her do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment