Sunday, December 11, 2011

Update from the Holstein's

Hello world. I am using Lena's laptop. First time on a Mac, not to bad. The keyboard is a lot easier to use.

So here is what is happening in our neck of the woods. As you know if you read this blog I am huge on traditions. I am not sure if it's because I never had them growing up or maybe it is because I feel like since we have a large family that maybe we are supposed to have this Norman Rockwell Christmas. So, this week while dealing with a very sick Tobey Jude I have held on to these traditions with a vengeance. Last night we were supposed to go to our Church's live nativity, but do to the Tobey we had to bow out. Normal people would probably just enjoy a night of nothingness....Me? I decided to move up our Christmas story night. You know that night that I have the kids eat with no utensils. Another tradition is Bernie the head elf brings coordinated pajamas for the kids on Christmas Eve, that is getting tougher every year. But, I am coming to the conclusion that I may be doing the traditions for my sake and not sure that the kids are getting much out of them. So, now that I am ready to call it quits on them, Eddie thought of a new year one for next year......we are going to start an ugly sweater contest, and wear them on Christmas Eve. It will never end!

As I said earlier Tobey Jude has been one sick little dude. It has not been a fun week. It has been rearranging every plan we have made and taking him to work with me. One cool thing is that I found out that Tobey Jude can speak sentences in his sleep. How crazy is that? Part of me thinks that it is so cool that he has the ability to do that. The other part doesn't understand how to get this when he is awake.

I did get one fun event in on Friday. I went to a cookie/ornament exchange with my friend Sarah. It was pretty cool and the kids enjoyed eating their cookie breakfast the next morning. I didn't even know that they had found the darn things let alone would eat that freaking many!

Our Precious Stones party is on Saturday, it is going to be a much more laid back event. More of a story time with Santa and one simple craft. There is enough things that over stimulate special needs around the holiday's. I have no plans to add to it.

Oh the tree, it has become a pain in my soul. It is not only crooked but only half of it is lit up thanks to the cat and it is already drying out. I have to sweep under the stupid thing daily and we forgot to trim off the lower branches. So there will be no actual gifts under the tree....just around it. Not very Norman Rockwell.

Tomorrow I have the boys IEP's, I am hoping that they are ready to put Edwin in full day. I love the boy, but I have found the joy of having the kids in school. And even though it may make me sound like a bad person...I LOVE it!!!! I mean, really. It is the best thing ever this school thing. Years ago Eddie and I tried to homeschooling and to be honest we sucked at it. And if I could go back in time I would (pardon the french here) kick myself in the ass! Love, love school.

Eddie, being the great provider that he is will pretty much be living at his job this week. I told him that he may as well sleep there. I have the debit card for payday.

Well, I suppose I should give Lena back her laptop. See you all later!

1 comment: