Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!! And being very random....

Hello...long time no see! We have had so much going on!

I have had the honor of being a counselor at Recess at our Church. It is a free 8 week day program that helps fill the days for at risk grade school kids. The days have been hot, but I am having so much fun getting to know these great kids and also the other volunteers. The first week though to be honest I was not sure I was going to make it and was wondering what the heck I had got myself into. Now we are halfway through week 3 and I am missing the kids.

Emily and Olivia got to stay a week with our dear friends Aaron and Jenni, they had a blast we are so blessed to know them! They enjoyed everything from VBS to a mud pit...and of course Jenni's cooking that I have heard so much about!

Speaking of VBS...Tobey Jude with the help of Michelle (the VBS Director), Calvary Lutheran Church and his big sister Lena got to go to Vacation Bible School last week! He did great! I am so thankful that he was able to attend and have a great time!

Last Sunday after Church we went swimming at Lake Michigan...now if you remember last 4th of July we made the mistake of going to Silver Beach and had to deal with idiots who made fun of Tobey. So I was a little leery of going back! But with the help of some great friends we were able to go swimming again without needing therapy when we were done! The kids had a blast!!!!! We stayed 4 hours! We usually stay an hour because Ed and I are exhausted trying to keep 7 kids alive by ourselves! So thank you again! They mentioned camping in the Fall....I am excited!

I am now going to admit that I was one of the millions of women who saw Magic Mike...and now I will admit that I actually saw it twice in one weekend. Am I ashamed? Maybe a little....do I regret it? Nope! Had a blast and now trying to figure out how I can convince Eddie to work out and take dance lessons, any ideas?

We are changing up the 4th this year, The heat is insane, Tobey can't handle it, I need a day out of it and the crowds are tough on the boys. So we are enjoying a day of rented movies and ribs in the crock pot. We will probably watch the PBS special and I will make my infamous homemade potato salad. Totally not my style at all, I love holidays but a day off sounded great to everyone!

Eddie and I discussed in the Spring that we did not want the kids to lay around the house this summer. Edwin, Olivia and Alison are keeping busy with all the stuff at the Boys and Girls Club. They are going swimming, taking golf lessons, gardening, and tons of other things. Emily and Melody come to Recess with me and LOVING it!And Lena is watching Tobey 4 days a week and enjoying her Fridays off with her own spending money.

That is all for today! Talk to you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment