Sunday, November 6, 2011

Edwin and his BFF, Jesus....

Yes, you read that right. Edwin has a friend in Jesus, and they are tight! I should have known it was coming. Edwin has a way of latching onto things and taking them to an extreme...ala Autism. But his relationship with Jesus has gone onto a level I have not seen yet.

It started out with us encouraging the kids more with their own walk of faith, and not on Sunday alone. So we incorporated more Christian music and prayers as a family, and Bible stories every night. And them one day I looked in the back yard and their was Edwin acting out the crucifixion on our deck. I stood their dumbfounded as Edwin broke down when Jesus dies and then dance and clap in complete joy as Jesus came back to him. Then 10 minutes later I came back outside to see Edwin talking to his friend Jesus about thugs. I don't know what Jesus said to him about thugs....

Everyday, I have to haul Edwin and Melody to Jefferson Elementary to pick up Emily and Olivia and everyday it is a fight with those two. Now, that we play Christian music in the car, Edwin takes his paper jams guitar and puts on a regular concert for us. I have had no fighting for 2 weeks now.

Today Eddie called me and told me while they were munching on bologna sandwiches in the car Edwin said "Let us Pray...." and then proceeded to thank Jesus for his lunch. Wow.

Edwin goes through phases, he used to be obsessed with Mighty Beanz and Hex Bugs, and we spent nearly a year of not being able to go out into public because of this stupid "Thing" costume he used to wear. I hope this is not just a phase, because right now to my son, there is no one cooler to him than Jesus, and that my friends is amazing.

I am now going to get the boy a Jesus action figurine for Christmas, I know they make them because our Pastor has one in his office.... Now, onto the rest of the kids, maybe I should have Edwin preach to them.

One thing that is odd, is during Church he would much rather being playing games then listening to the sermon (sorry, Sam) but when he gets home he will tell us what happened in the sermon. He gets it though. And that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment